Hand Woven Fabric for High Fashion Clothing w/ Jackie from Motif Handmade
Sustainable fabrics, social impact, living in Bangladesh, consumer awareness in fashion, hand-woven textiles, small quantities BUT with the ability to scale production yardage… wow. Just wow.
My guest today is Jackie Corlett from Motif Handmade.
Jackie tells us about a whole new way of sourcing fabrics, and she allows designers to actually design the very fabric you want and need from scratch with zero waste yarns, zero carbon production. So you know you’re launching with the most ethically sourced and eco friendly fabrics available.
She’s going to dive into what is possible – even in small quantities – for fashion designers to get the types of fabrics they are dreaming of. Hand woven, people!!
Watch the video or listen below.
Links and show notes:
- Jackie’s Motif Handmade website
- Motif Handmade on Instagram
- Jackie’s newsletter signup
- Jackie’s new course to learn how to create your own handwoven fabrics
- Jay Arbetman’s The Sourcing District
- CYCLO® recycled fibers
- Stella McCartney’s luxury bag crafted from mycelium
- Bolt Treads stops mycelium production ☹️
- The Future of Fabrics Expo
- Aja Barber’s website and Aja’s IG.
- Fair Trade Federation (US and Canada)
- The definition of Fair Trade
- She Trades
- Mrs. Emily’s hand-made, small batch fashion
- Juene Otte – sustainable fashion made in Chicago
The design process with Mrs. Emily & Motif Handmade fabrics…