Podcast: What Are the Signs That One Fashion Business Will Succeed and Another Won’t?
Interview with Nicole Giordano from Startup Fashion
I was looking for a fresh perspective on “the state of the independent fashion community” so I reached out to Nicole Giordano from Startup Fashion.
Nicole: “Hi Jane. I’m back! What I’m seeing in the brands that are starting to get traction is….”
And then she SPILLS IT – the insider stuff I was looking for + her honest, fresh perspective. If you haven’t met Nicole yet, you’re going to love her. She’s the real deal.
Here’s what we cover:
- Starting your clothing line with a signature product, not a full collection
- Why the traditional fashion calendar is broken
- What designers are doing NOW in Nicole’s community and what’s working
- A new approach to selling wholesale to boutiques
- Running your business like a business
- The monthly framework for assessing your business
- As a business owner, excitement and fear are the SAME feeling
- One brand’s brilliant strategy to get started with sales
- Content marketing – is it worth your time?
Listen to it here:
Watch the VIDEO version here:
- Startup Fashion
- Nicole’s Article: It’s OK to Take a Break
- Jane’s program for online sellers: “Sell More Products Online”
Mentioned in this episode:
What do YOU think?
Did you like this interview? Do you have a question for me or Nicole? LMK what you think in the comments below. YOU are the reason I do this and as Gary Vee says, “Your comments are my oxygen.”
Thanks for listening,
P.S. If you want to know how I started own clothing line from scratch when I had no experience, no money, and no flippin’ clue what I was doing, click here to hear how I did it (it’s free, btw).