PODCAST: How I Got My Product into My First 10 Boutiques
Are you having a hard time getting your line in front of boutique buyers? Today is your lucky day.
On this episode of the podcast, we talk all about calling stores, road-tripping, sales strategies, hustle, patience, and retail buyers. I’m so lucky to have the chance to interview Meredith Banzhoff – an entrepreneur who’s not afraid to share her story. She even talks about the step-by-step strategies she used to get into her first 10 retail stores.
Meredith lays out her entire her “getting into retail stores” formula for you. I am awed and inspired by how much Meredith shares – she holds NOTHING back. You’re going to love her!
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- How Meredith tested her product when she started
- What she learned from home parties BEFORE she sold to stores
- How often you need to contact a store until you get a response
- How she took the show on the road
- Conversion rate of store visits vs. orders
- Why she didn’t quit when the going got tough
- 3,000 miles, 53 boutiques
- Pre-orders vs. stock
- The lead time to contact a boutique if you plan to visit
- What worked to get over the fear of contacting a store
Key Points from this episode:
- 1 out of 15 is OK
- Introduction first, selling later
- Every buyer likes to communicate differently
- Hustle counts
- Their turf works
- Be hungry, be passionate
- The deal with “pity buys”
- The 4 part buyer outreach system
- Reach out 2 weeks before your road trip
If you want to go deeper with this topic, Fashion Brain can help! Did you know we have a course for selling to boutiques? You can check it out here.
Now it’s your turn. Was this podcast helpful to you? If it was, click the LIKE button and share it with your friends. And tell me this… what was your biggest a-ha moment?
Let me know in the comments below! I’d love to know what worked for you.
As always, thanks for reading and listening!