Ever wonder why some creative entrepreneurs succeed and others struggle?
On this episode of the Fashion Brain podcast, we talk about ALL creatives, not just fashion designers. We cover ways to sell your work, 3 things that every creative needs to do to be successful, and how to sell your work.
My guest is Paul Klein. Paul is an art mentor and he runs a 12 week online for artists to de-mystify the art world. My sister (an artist) took the class and LOVED it. She introduced me to Paul and that was my lucky day.
Paul Klein also works with TED Fellows, writes for Huffington Post and ArtLetter and ran his own cutting edge Chicago gallery for 30 years. Basically, he’s the go-to guy in Chicago when it comes to the art world.
Paul and I don’t always agree and it makes for a lively interview. I had a blast with this episode and I hope you love it as much as I do.
Have a listen…
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- How the internet changed things for artists in a big way
- Why it’s hard to put yourself out there
- How some creatives get it all wrong when they approach a gallery
- Ways to get over your fear of “selling”
- The difference between vision and strategy
- How to sell a LOT of your work without “selling out”
- What people see in your art compared to what you THINK they see
- Simple ways to start getting your own network and building relationships in the art world
- When you need to “get over it”
You can check out Paul’s website and get access to a free webinar here: http://kleinartistworks.com/
Now it’s your turn…
Did you like this episode? If you did, kindly click the LIKE button and share it with your friends.
I want to hear from you! Paul and I lay out 2 challenges at the end of the episode. Which one will you do? Let me know in the comments below and thanks for listening and reading.