Today’s episode is Part 2 of my interview with Claire Wolfson from Bean Goods. If you haven’t listened to Part One yet, I highly recommend you go and do that first.
You can download the timeline that goes along both episodes below.
In part one, Claire took us through her exact sales each year and growth percentages and how she grew her business from $134K in sales to over a million in 2021 — in just 3 years. She also shared her what her mindset was and how it’s changed, and the struggles she’s experienced while trying to grow her Shopify e-commerce store.
In this episode, Claire drops truth bombs and takes questions from our Club members.
We continue our discussion about her numbers – sales, AOV (average order value) ROAS (return on ad spend), website conversion rate, etc. We also discuss her ad spend and working with an ads manager.
She also shares her brilliant system for new product launches and re-launching products that seriously works every time.
Here’s a sample of some of the questions from our members that Claire answers:
- “Starting over again today, would you invest time and energy in Instagram? Would you start a Facebook Group?”
- “What was the key thing to make the jump from $200k (where my business is now) to $1 million?”
- “I have a Shopify store with very little traffic (I sell more on Etsy), should I start running ads to my shop? if so, what kind and what budget?
- “If I do run ads to my Shopify e-commerce store, should they just be like, here’s my product, go buy it now? Would you do a giveaway ad? Would you do a lead generation ad? Would you do a lead magnet?
You can watch or listen to Part 2 below. Grab your timeline and let’s go!
Key things we talk about:
- Sales figures, AOV (average order value), ROI Percentages, ROAS (return on ad spend)
- Upsells and the upsell app that Bean Goods uses too increase average order value (AOV)
- Google and Facebook Ads (plus her actual numbers – what she spends and if they’re profitable)
- Ads Managers and Brand Reps
- Launch strategy and process
- Building and nurturing a community
- List building
- The future of Bean Goods
- and SO MUCH MORE!
Resources mentioned in this episode.
- The Bean Goods Timeline download and Part 1
- The Club, our monthly marketing & sales membership
- Claire’s business – Bean Goods (go check it out – we love the paw cursor!)
- E-Myth Revisited Book – Michael E Gerber (From Episode 1)
- Profit First (From Episode 1)
- Refersion (From Episode 1)
- Frequently Bought Together app
A snapshot about Bean Goods
“Bean Goods is a clothing and accessories brand (weiner dog themed) originally born in Portland, Oregon in 2011. It is inspired by our little black and tan dachshund, bean who is now 17 years old. He is our hero. When Bean was 4 years old he suffered a serious back injury that caused him to lose control of his hind legs also known as IVDD. We were devastated and didn’t know what our little guy’s outcome would be.
He underwent major reconstructive back surgery and miraculously made a full recovery. Bean needed a partner in crime to keep his spirits high so we adopted a wire-haired brother for him, joyles vanguard of the waldorfs (aka Van). Bean and Van have been slaying life as business pawtners and bffs ever since! Bean is the president of our company. Van is the VP.
We relocated to the LA area after spending a year on the road in our 13 ft travel trailer, the weenstream. We are thrilled to now be a part of the amazing community of so cal wieners and doxie enthusiasts!”
What’s the BIGGEST takeaway from this episode? Has it inspired you to take action?
Listen to this episode and let me know what you think in the comments below. I love hearing from you.
And remember…Perfect is good but DONE is better!