Today, let’s talk about creating a mantra for you that will make you feel better. Mantras can be a powerful thing.
Or can they?
Back in high school, at the suggestion of my mom, I went to listen to a lecture in a danky church basement from a priest (a priest!!) and he basically told us about a dead-simple way to make our lives better.
A priest’s lecture is NOT exactly something you want to do when you’re a teenager, but this was the way before Netflix and it was winter in the Midwest, so WTH.
Well, the priest’s talk ended up being pretty interesting. He started telling us about this theory…
…If you have something in your life that you don’t like or something isn’t going well and you want to change it, all you have to do is repeat a certain mantra out loud – as if the thing you WANT has already happened.
Even if you THINK it’s stupid, you still say the mantra out loud.
Whaaa??? There’s no way that would work.
I was totally skeptical so I decided to prove him wrong.
I’ll explain in this episode:
- What some of my mantras have been and if these mantras really worked
- How I’ve used mantras to increase revenue
- What you can do to start your own mantra
- How YOU can prove me wrong ????
Listen now. It just might change your life.
You can also listen on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or Soundcloud
Mentioned in this episode
- Send Better Emails Bootcamp – LIVE Dates coming up! Learn how to write emails that turn subscribers into buyers.
- Apply for a FREE website mini-review with Jane Hamill
- The Club – our monthly membership teaches you how to grow your following, grow your email list, grow your sales
Quotes from the Episode
- “You want to say your mantra out loud as though it’s true. And then you can do ahead and have all the thoughts you want in your head negating what you say out loud. That’s OK.“
- “But in the end, this whole system of sort of time traveling yourself as if you have already achieved the thing you want to do, repeating it out loud four times a day, is where the magic happens. “
- “Today I commit to taking imperfect action. Perfect is good. But done is better. This is my motto in life.”
What mantra can you say? Let me know if the comments. I really want to hear from you so leave me a note in the comments.