Overseas vs. Domestic Apparel Manufacturing with Boaz David (Podcast)
Today we’re talking about manufacturing clothing and accessories products. I hear this question a lot…
Download this episode on iTunes or Stitcher Radio. You can also click here to download it to any device as an mp3.
Here’s what we cover…
- What kinds of apparel products can and “should” be made overseas?
- How do the new technologies in fabrics relate to the explosion of athleisure?
- What kinds of products are really selling and making money right now?
- Do I need to actually travel overseas myself to produce or can I use an agent to take care of everything?
- What are the main advantages of doing apparel manufacturing in the U.S.?
- What would Boaz do if he were starting a clothing line over again today?
Mentioned in this episode
What was your BIGGEST takeaway from today’s interview? Please let me know in the comments below – I love hearing from you and read every comment.
Superb and highly informative podcast. Having been in the biz for over 2 decades and producing the gamut both in the US and overseas, the advice given was spot on. Excellent, honest and forthright – so rare to find in the fashion business. Truly appreciate it!
This is the first of about 8 podcasts I binged-listened to on a long trip I took over the weekend. I enjoy your easy style with all your guests and the amount of information you both generously share in your interviews. Boaz touched on so many topics I hadn’t considered as I am at the design phase with my handbags. I was also delighted to realize – just a short way into your conversation that he was the guy behind HumanB. A few years ago I bought one of his shirts in a specialty boutique here in Steamboat, CO. I remember loving the feel of the fabric and relating to the brand message and then I got to “meet” him. Thank you!!